What is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment is an orthodontic treatment that corrects teeth without using metal wires. It is a wire-free orthodontic treatment method applied to improve the alignment of the teeth with the help of individually produced transparent aligners. The application of the procedure without the use of metal wires is the most preferred reason for this treatment. It is a personalized treatment method performed by dentists specialized in the field.
Clear aligners, which are much more comfortable than traditional metal braces, aim to give the person a beautiful smile in addition to straightening the teeth.
How Is Invisalign Treatment Performed?
Invisalign treatment the patient's measurements are taken first. Afterwards, special plates are produced in 3D with computer-aided programs of the measurements taken. The number of aligners required for the treatment and the duration of treatment are determined. The plates prepared in accordance with the patients' mouths are applied every 15 days to remain in the mouth.
The development of the teeth and how they respond to the treatment are monitored during change times. The aligners can only be removed during eating and drinking. In Invisalign treatment, patients are more free and comfortable than with braces, but it is important to keep the aligners on the teeth throughout the day to get an effective result from the treatment.
What are the Features of Invisalign Treatment?
Transparent aligners are easy to clean, easy to put on and take off, and do not complicate patients' daily lives. In addition, the features of Invisalign treatment can be listed as follows:
- Transparent aligners are not visible in the mouth
- Metal brackets are not used and do not interfere with daily life
- More painless and comfortable than traditional braces
- Can be removed during the meal and put back on afterwards
- On special occasions (weddings, graduations, business meetings, etc.), you can remove your plaques and take a break from treatment for a few hours
- Invisalign (clear aligner treatment) can be applied to both children and adults
Does Invisalign Treatment Take Long?
Invisalign treatment can be completed in a shorter time compared to metal braces. The total treatment time may vary depending on the discomfort in the teeth. While some people who use Invisalign can finish their treatment in 6 months, this period can also extend up to several years. Some of the conditions that can affect the treatment time are as follows:
- If the patient is younger, their teeth will straighten and align faster, but if they are older, this treatment will take longer than normal
- If the gaps between the teeth are too wide, this will prolong the treatment
- People with a small jaw structure may have crowded and crooked teeth
How transparent aligners are produced according to tooth movement
The measurements taken from the patient are transferred to the computer environment with the 3D scanning method. The teeth transferred to the digital environment are moved by simulation and moved to their ideal positions. Transparent aligners are produced according to the desired position of the teeth. Generally, after 15 days of use, the transition to the other plate is provided.